Every year in 1000 year old Yaroslavl the ''VESNUSHKA'' choral festival is happy to see old and new friends, those who enthusiastically devote part of their life to choir singing. The Festival will take place on 23th -26th April, 2020.
Organization and participation conditions
Participation in the Festival is open to all types of student and academic choirs (male, female and mixed). For each choir it is suggested to perform a 15-20 minute programme in the Festival concerts (the duration of the performance should be precised in the application form). In the final Gala Concert each choir will perform two works including the competition work (the programme should last no longer than 10 minutes in total).
The repertoire requirements are:
- classical works (secular and sacred);
- folk song arrangements;
- contemporary choir music;
The Festival has NO participation fee.
Attention:the main requirement for the Gala Concert is the performance of a comic character work (any composer, genre, period of time) as the competition work. This competition work will be judged by a special jury and by the spectators in the concert hall.
A special prize is awarded to the most original and well executed performance.
All participants will receive Festival certificates and gifts.
Required application materials
The following application materials are required for the participation in the Festival:
1. A completed application form (downloaded) and sent to the organizing committee);
2. Concert programme for a 15-minute performance (the programme is to be represented in the application form);
3. The information on thechoir (provided in addition to the application and attached informally):
- the name of the choir (in order to announce it correctly during the competition);
- full names of the choir conductor(s), accompanist, soloists (provide all credentials);
- a short history of the choir and conductor detailing activities and achievements, in English (8-10 sentences for a booklet);
- a recent colour photo of the choir and a recent colour photo of the conductor (with the resolution not less than 300 dpi);
4. The score of the competition work (non returnable);
5. An audio- and a video recordings of the choir made in or after 2018.
The required application materialsare to be submitted to the following e-mail address:
Deadline for the applications: 1st February, 2020.
- All expences for transportation (to and from Yaroslavl) and board/lodging are theresponsibility of the travelling party.
- Round trip tickets are recommended.
- The Festival committee is happy to provide information on board/lodging (see Accomodation) and/or to reserve accomodation for the participants. The earlier the application materials are sent – the wider is the range of facilities.
- The Festival organizing party is responsible for the concert programmes, advertisement, promotion, posters, booklets and media coverage.
The following events will take place during the Festival: choir performances
workshops,round table discussions, business and leisure meetings. The participants will be offered tours around Yaroslavl and its region.
Organizing committee Director of the Festival is Aleksey Kornev, Ph.: +7 910 664 70 79,
Artistic director of the Festival is Elena Baronkina, Ph.: +7 902 332 97 32 ,