Join the 4th International Cultural Festival and live a unique cultural experience in Municipality of Dion-Olympus,
the divine land of ancient Greek Gods
The Municipality of Dion – Olympus, in Pieria Region, and the mayor Vaggelis Geroliolios, is welcoming you and your group to the “4th International Cultural Festival”, which will be held from 2nd to 7th of September 2021, at the seaside towns of Leptokarya, Platamonas and Skotina.
The Festival is organised by the Municipality of Dion – Olympus in cooperation with “Folkway by Propantos, Event Planning Co”, and the “Open Ways, Culture and Travel Co”, under the patronage of “Greece 2021” committee.
The Municipality of Dion - Olympus, (90 km from Thessaloniki), is located at the foot of the famous mountain Olympus and on the shores of the Thermaikos Gulf of the blue Aegean Sea – Olympus Riviera. Mountain Olympus is the first National Park in Greece designated in 1938 and declared as a "Biosphere Reserve" by UNESCO in1981. According to the mythology, the surrounding area was the land of the Twelve Greek Ancient Gods and Musses. The breathtaking scenery, pristine environment with the vivid alternations between blue and green, will excite you. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination with archaeological, cultural, and environmental interest. Come and enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and the bright Greek sun.
The cultural festivals (Folklore) are a great opportunity for different people and cultures to meet, exchange experiences and practices and create new friendships. In 2021, Greece will celebrate 200 year of Independence, 200 years of modern Greece. In celebration special cultural and educational events will be organized throughout the year, in every part of the country. Municipality of Dion – Olympus is taking part in the celebration by organizing its own events. The “4th International Cultural Festival”, is one of them where the local authorities are aiming to present the local history and customs.
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk-dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board/banner with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare a 15-minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
- The registration form must be sent before June 10th, 2021, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by June 15th, 2021. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 15 days prior via bank transfer.
Participation: 30 € per person (Does not include accommodation)
Full Package, Participation, and accommodation:
120 € per person in camp rooms.
154 € per person in 1 * and 2** hotels.
178 € per person in 3 *** hotels.
The full package includes:
6 days (5 nights), half board (breakfast and dinner in triple/quad rooms) in Hotels and Camp by the seaside of Olympus Riviera in Leptokarya, Platamonas or Skotina.
Traditional Greek Party and Greek dance lessons exclusively for all the participated groups.
Local delicacies and refreshments will be served during the performances.
Participation in the Festival, Certificates, memorial gifts, photos, video.
For every 25 participants, one person is free of charge.
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
- Extra nights. The costs for extra stay are:
- 32€ per person, per day in 1-2** hotels (half board in triple rooms).
- 37€ per person, per day in 3*** hotels.
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost seven euros plus per person per day.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices will be fixed according to the number of participants. Daily tours will be available at your convenience and a special list of them will be send to you one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is his/her personal responsibility. Groups are advised to have Medical Insurance Coverage prior to departure from their home countries.
We must underline that all the hotels are operating under the strict rules and protocols for preventing Covid19.
That protocols includes:
- Regular sanitation training for the employee.
- Clearly established time-schedule for cleaning and disinfection in all areas.
- Conspicuous placement of hand sanitizers.
- Frequent cleaning and wash down of outdoor and high touch locations, including walkways, staircase, elevators.
- Fast response to off-cycle cleaning issues.
- Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. Free time for optional activities like swimming, sports, shopping, clubbing.
- Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash.
- A detailed schedule and a travel leader will be provided to each group.
- Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities.
- 20:30: Experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “PROPANTOS – FOLKWAY” events company. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
- Breakfast. Free day, for morning to noon. Optional excursions – Midday meal.
- 7:00 p.m.: Transfer from the hotel to the Festival venue. You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Dion – Olympus before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- Breakfast. Free day (from morning to noon). Optional excursions – Midday meal.
- 19:00: Transfer from the hotel to the Festival venue.
- You must be dressed in your traditional costumes. Gifts will be offered to the groups by the Municipality of Dion – Olympus before the performance. During the performance refreshments will be served.
- Breakfast. Free day for a rest/ optional activities or excursion in Pieria’s sightseeing organized by our office.
- Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- Official invitation letter and other needed documents will be provided
- The organizers reserve the right to alter or change the program, if needed, without prior notification
- Transfer and optional excursions offer, and booking can be given after request from the organizer.
- Litochoro Town and Hiking on Mt. Olympus
- Cruise to the amazing coastline of Olympus Riviera
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos
- Meteora (Monasteries)
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina
- Traditional Greek villages
Few Words for “FOLKWAY” by PROPANTOS & OPEN WAYS culture & travel
- “Propantos”, is a Greek company with a large experience in cultural events planning, organizes International Folklore Festivals under the title “Folkway”. Groups from more than 10 countries are participated in each of our festivals expressing their satisfaction.
- “Open Ways Culture & Travel” is our travel agency that guarantee quality yet affordable tourism arrangements. Reliability and effectiveness are terms, which characterize our long-lasting relations with clients and providers.
FolkWay by PROPANTOS, Od. Elyti 14b, 57010 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel/fax: +30 2310312926, Mob: +306973854977,
e mail: email@example.com