The EFFE Label is Europe’s quality stamp for remarkable arts festivals showing their engagement in the field of the arts, community involvement and international openness. 715 festivals across Europe have the EFFE Label 2017-2018.
How can festivals get the EFFE Label?
The application for the EFFE Label 2019-2020 is now open.
Are you running a festival and would like to join the community of festivals with the EFFE Label? You can add your festivals on the FestivalFinder.eu and you will get an invitation to apply for the EFFE Label by filling in an online application form which takes maximum 10 minutes of your time.
If your festival successfully applies for the EFFE Label, it is also in the running for the EFFE Award.
Add your festival now to the FestivalFinder.eu and get an invitation for the EFFE Label.
What is the EFFE Label?
Some festivals on the FestivalFinder.eu have the EFFE Label. This Label was given to them after an evaluation by experts in the festival world. These festivals fulfill minimum 7 out of these 10 quality standards. These festivals are embedded in the European artistic, cultural and social reality and
- present a coherent curated artistic programme.
- support on-going artistic development.
This can be by offering residencies to artists, by contributing to new creations, by supporting artistic research,…
- The festival provides opportunities for upcoming or innovative artists to create or to be presented in your programme.
- The festival is rooted in its local community fostering local connections in the programme and among the performers/ performances. The festival involves local artists as well as local audiences in its projects.
- The festival helps to increase access to culture and attract a diverse audience. This can refer to: socio-economic, age, gender, culture,...
- The festival takes measures to be more sustainable.
This can refer to environment, economics, business model, social impact,…
- The festival helps to shape, encourage and promote intercultural experience for your audiences and artists.
- The festival embraces inclusivity as a core principle and practice.
- The festival invests in innovation and capacity building.
- The festival engages with the audience through e.g. educational programmes.