The EFFE Label is Europe’s quality stamp for remarkable arts festivals showing their engagement in the field of the arts, community involvement and international openness. 715 festivals across Europe were awarded the EFFE Label 2017-2018.
More details about the application for the EFFE Label 2021-2022 will be announced at the end of this year. For now, you can still apply for the EFFE Label 2019-2020.
How can festivals apply for the EFFE Label?
The application for the EFFE Label 2019-2020 is now open.
Are you running a festival and would like to join the community of festivals with the EFFE Label? You can add your festivals on the FestivalFinder.eu and you will get an invitation to apply for the EFFE Label by filling in an online application form which takes maximum 10 minutes of your time.
If your festival successfully applies for the EFFE Label, it is also in the running for the EFFE Award.
Add your festival now to the FestivalFinder.eu and receive an invitation for the EFFE Label.
What is the EFFE Label?
Some festivals on the FestivalFinder.eu have the EFFE Label. This Label was awarded to them after being evaluated by international experts in the festival world. These awarded festivals fulfill a minimum of 7 out of these 10 quality standards.
These festivals are embedded in the European artistic, cultural and social reality as well as:
- presenting a coherent and curated artistic programme;
- supporting on-going artistic development (some examples of this are: offering residencies to artists, contributing to new creations, and supporting artistic research);
- providing opportunities for upcoming or innovative artists to create or to be presented in your programme;
- being rooted in its’ local community fostering local connections in the programme and among the performers/ performances. The festival involves local artists as well as local audiences in its projects;
- helping to increase access to culture and attract diverse audiences. (some examples include different socio-economic backgrounds, age groups, genders, and cultures);
- taking measures to be more sustainable. This can refer to environment, economics, business models, and social impacts;
- helping to shape, encourage and promote intercultural experiences for your audiences and artists;
- embracing inclusivity as a core principle and practice;
- investing in innovation and capacity building;
- engaging with audiences, for example through educational programmes.
Why apply for the EFFE Label?
The EFFE Label 2019-2020 holders are part of the closer EFFE community. A series of invitations offer you various opportunities to actively use this European recognition.
- You can use the EFFE Label 2019-2020 on all your communication material and use it when engaging with your stakeholders.
- Your festival is in the running for the EFFE Awards 2019-2020. Apply latest on 20 February 2019 to be taken into account for the EFFE Awards 2019-2020.
- You are invited for EFA’s annual Arts Festivals Summit, 23-25 November 2020 in Galway. The most important networking event for festival makers in Europe.
- Your festival is part of EFFE’s international promotion campaign, which kicked off with a press conference in Brussels on 5 March 2019 with the European Commissioner for Culture.
- You will be invited to EFFE Label activities organised by your EFFE Hub.
- Use and contribute to the EFFE community of remarkable arts festivals! The EFFE Label give you access to an international network of more than 1000. You will also receive updates from the European Festivals Association about what’s happening in Europe’s vibrant festival landscape.