Chania Film Festival 11
Chania Film Festival is an international festival on the island of Crete, in the last week of October every year. An extensive annual celebration of the 7th art in the middle of autumn in the beautiful town of Chania.
An organisation that quickly became an institution with international collaborations, with many parallel events, recognition, and acceptance. A cinematographic event that aspires to host the best films in the field of cinema, from all around the world. A meeting place for fiction films, documentaries, and animation films, as well as directors, producers, and actors.
During its eleven-day duration (the last week of October and the first week of November every year), approximately 22.000 viewers (including the school audience) attend the screenings and the parallel events, such as workshops, master classes, and exhibitions. The CFF is also active throughout the year, as it produces and presents several events, special screenings, educational workshops, film productions, etc.
The CFF (CFF Edu) programme aims to provide a complete understanding of cinematic and audiovisual language. It has been designed for school teachers and educators, with the following focal points:
- the development of film education in schools
- screenings of pedagogical content
- the knowledge and use of technology in filmmaking
- the familiarization with the methods and techniques of cinema
- the encouragement for study and critical thinking about audiovisual products
- the use of audiovisual tools for further exploration and expansion of personal abilities and artistic expression in audiovisual projects in schools
- the interdisciplinary dimension of cinema and the interconnection with photography, visual arts, music, movement, literature, creative writing
- film production inside the school community
Rules of film submission: