The International Monodrama Festival Solo Plays Fest
will be held on 11 -12 of May 2019 in NIAM “Kyiv Fortress”.
We plan to conduct the two stages of the festival that are the following:
* the main performances of the festival will take place on 11-12 of May in the NIAM Kyiv Fortress;
* master classes and workshops (trainings) from actors and directors from different countries will be on 13-17 of May
In order to be able to play the monodrama professionally, the actor is supposed to have a high level of performing skills as it is a complex creative task, both for the director and for the actor. Thus, the “Solo Plays Fest” has two major components: artistic and educational.
The main tasks of the festival are:
- to increase the audience of the theater as a whole;
- to acquaint the experts and spectators, in particular students of specialized higher educational institutions, with performances of theater groups from EU countries, various regions of Ukraine and other countries of the world;
- to raise the level of theatrical culture in Ukraine and in the world;
- to facilitate the exchange of experience between Ukrainian and foreign theatrical figures;
- to involve the audience into the development of personality through the art of the actor and engagement in creative activity;
- to present the Ukrainian performances to foreign theatrical figures;
- to provide space for theaters to present their works to the public.
During the festival, we plan to conduct up to 15 performances, 3-4 master classes or workshops (trainings), as well as a joint discussion with the audience and artists of all festival performances.
The festival is not competitive. The main mission of the festival is educational.
The coordinator of the festival is a highly professional collective of cultural managers with extensive experience in implementing many cultural and artistic projects.