Eye-to-Eye, The Festival Quarterly
‘Eye-to-Eye, The Festival Quarterly’ is the European Festivals Association’s (EFA) brand new E-magazine. It assembles a variety of voices that speak about our society, the state of the arts and reasons why the arts exist, concepts, and moments in contemporary life. It includes articles EFA commissions and material editors provide. It reflects EFA’s journey to broaden conversations and dig into the habitat of festivals, taking us well beyond the process of festival making. Eye-to-Eye is published every 3 months. Stay tuned!
The Summer edition Eye-to-Eye offers you stories, perspectives, phenomenon and reflections related to the current situation in which we live, told from the point of view of 6 authors, among which:
- Aleš Šteger - How to live after the end of reflection
- Ayoko Mensah - Afropolitan festivals: a challenge
- Alicja Gescinska - On Music, Morality and Krzysztof Penderecki
- Tomáš Sedláček - Advantages of disadvantages, or don’t let the quarantine slip through your fingers
- Melanie Burge - The pandemic’s immediate impact on performing arts in Australia
- Simon Mundy - Mediterranean Blues
☀️ Enjoy the read and the end of a special festival Summer! 📖👓
Winter Festivals Going on
We are happy to share with you the festivals that will take place during this Winter. The list includes 33 festivals from 10 European countries that are being celebrated or will be held in the next months.
Sofie & Carlo - Stardom Beckons
In the middle of Europe, two long-suffering interns are helping a festival keep disaster almost away. This is their second season and surely it can't be as tough as their first! Want a bet?