EFFEA Call #2: Apply now!
Applications open from 13 April to 19 June 2023.
The second call for festivals to support emerging artists is now open. Time to find your emerging artist, your partner festivals and to work on your residency project.
The European Festivals Fund for Emerging Artists - EFFEA offers emerging artists a platform to develop their careers on an international level through festivals. Co-produced by a leading festival and at least two partner festivals, each from a different eligible country, the EFFEA Residencies provide emerging artists with time, space and support to work on an original project or to develop an existing one.
There are two categories of residencies:
- EFFEA “Discovery” Artist in residence Festivals take an early career artist(s) with exceptional talent and ready to break through internationally under their wings. Approximately 40 grants of 8.000€ will be attributed to this category.
- EFFEA “Springboard” Artist in residence Festivals take a mid-career artist(s) established in their own country and ready to develop their career internationally under their wings. Approximately 10 grants of 15.000€ will be attributed to this category.
- Publication of the EFFEA Call 2: 13 April 2023
- Start online application: 13 April 2023
- Info session and network moment: 14 April 2023
- Application deadline: 19 June 2023
- Results announcement: August 2023
- Publication of the selected emerging artists and festivals (EFFEA residencies) on the EFFEA platform: September 2023
- Implementation period: 1 September 2023 – 31 August 2024
[Go Green] Galway International Arts Festival
In 2023, GIAF introduced Green Ambassadors as part of its Volunteer Programme to promote best waste management practices, extend the single-use plastic ban, and increase recycling. Read the story to know more!
[Go Green] RZM Festival
RZM festival went green with car-sharing, river-sourced non-drinking water, and eco-friendly infrastructure built from local wood and bamboo. Dry toilets with sawdust replaced chemical ones, minimising environmental impact. Read the story to know more about it!
[Go Green] i-Fest International Film Festival
i-Fest GREEN, situated in Pollino National Park, prioritises environmental consciousness through cinema and direct experiences. The festival, committed to leaving locations cleaner, engages youth with initiatives like i-Clean and adheres to the Plastic Free campaign. Activities include screenings, thematic meetings, and the use of electric cars for sustainable transportation.