Special EFFE Label 2021 edition: First stories online
The call for stories for the special edition of the EFFE Label 2021 was a success. We collected more than 50 stories.
The Badge of Invention, or the special edition of the EFFE Label 2021, dedicates space to stories that unveil the resilience, the inventiveness, and the strong will of festivals to be there for their artists, and their audiences in 2020/2021.
To celebrate the achievements of festivals, the European Festivals Association has dedicated a special edition of the EFFE Label 2021 to the Badge of Invention.
We have collected more than 50 stories so far and started sharing them around. We will continue to do so by publishing each week a new story on FestivalFinder.eu.
Did you miss out this opportunity? We have decided to keep on collecting your stories this Summer.
What are you most proud of in your festival since the beginning of the pandemic? What stands out in the festival's heritage? Could you find unexplored ways of accessing your audience? How have you brought exciting emerging artists to your audience? How will the next few years of the festival, once it (like its audience) has recovered, be different?
Here are the festivals that took part in this initiative:
- AMICI DELLA MUSICA (Italy)
- AMUZ (Belgium)
- ATHENS DIGITAL ARTS FESTIVAL (Greece)
- Brussels Planetarium Poetry Fest (Belgium)
- Cinematica Festival (Italy)
- D'Jazz Nevers Festival (France)
- Divine Comedy International Theatre Festival (Poland)
- Ecos Festival - Festival Internacional de Música Antigua de Sierra Espuña (Spain)
- EtnoKrakow/Crossroads Festival (Poland)
- EUROSHORTS Young Filmmakers International Film Festival (Poland)
- Festival de Música Antigua de Úbeda y Baeza (Spain)
- Festival dos Canais / Teatro Aveirense (Portugal)
- Festival Europäische Kirchenmusik Schwäbisch Gmünd (Germany)
- Festival Interplay (Italy)
- Festival Theatre Marathon/Sombor National Theatre (Serbia)
- Five Churches Festival (Hungary)
- Fountainhead Tanz Théâtre / Black International Cinema Berlin / THE COLLEGIUM - Forum & Television Program Berlin / "Footprints in the Sand?" ExhibitionBerlin
- Galway International Arts Festival (Ireland)
- Gdansk Shakespeare Festival / Gdansk Shakespeare Theatre (Poland)
- Góbéfest (UK)
- Grandezze & Meraviglie - Festival Musicale Estense (Italy)
Holmfirth Arts Festival (UK)
- i-Fest International Film Festival (Italy)
- Internationales Solo-Tanz-Theater Festival Stuttgart (Germany)
- Istanbul Fringe Festival (Turkey)
- Kilowatt Festival (Italy)
- Krakow Film Festival (Poland)
- Krakow Film Music Festival / KBF (Poland)
- LEM Festival (Spain)
- Locus Festival (Italy)
- Malta Festival Poznań (Poland)
- MEDFILM FESTIVAL (Italy)
- Meidän Festivaali / Our Festival (Finland)
- Misteria Paschalia Festival / KBF (Poland)
- Mittelfest (Italy)
- Music Theatre International (Italy)
- Rasnov Film and Histories Festival / Mioritics Association (Romania)
- ReMusica Festival (Kosovo)
- Reykjavik Arts Festival (Iceland)
- Rhonefestival für Liedkunst (Switzerland)
- Sacrum Profanum Festival / KBF (Poland)
- THE BLANK | ARTDATE (Italy)
- Valley of Arts festival (Hungary)
- Varaždin Baroque Evenings / Varaždin Concert Agency (Croatia)
- Voila! Europe Theatre Festival (UK)
- World Roma festival KHAMORO / Slovo 21 (Czechia)
[Festivals Stories] Festival de Música Antigua de Úbeda y Baeza
The FeMAUB 2020 aimed to put people at the centre by means of the evocative title De Mvsica Hvmana, a concept used from the early Middle Ages to refer to the inner harmony that links the soul with the human body.
[Festivals Stories] Festival Castell de Peralada
Following its cancellation, the Festival started work on a new project for the summer of 2020: the Festival Castell Peralada Livestream, an exceptional festival that was completely free and could be attended online through the Festival’s website.